During the first 20 weeks, I have come to realize how much stupid sh*t gets said from family and friends, but even worse than that is the complete strangers that also want to get in on the action. I have come up with a list of the most ridiculous things that have happened in the first 20 weeks.
- A complete stranger touching my wife’s belly without conversation. I’m sorry, should I just come over to you and grab your woman or man parts? Pregnant or not, that’s just weird.
- A name suggestion of Giuseppe. Hello moron, I’m Jewish and also not from the old country, but yea totally, we’ll keep it on the short list.
- A person telling us, “Girls are so much better, but you’ll be ok.” I’m sorry, when was it a consolation prize to have a boy? Instead of having to worry about every penis in the world, I only need to worry about one. So sI definitely think we'll "be ok".
- The “are you sure she’s pregnant?” Yes. The $200 worth of at home tests, the blood tests and the sonograms all show a baby, but you thinking that my wife’s belly is too small could definitely mean she’s not pregnant.
- The “oh, you’ll save so much money because there’s no cute stuff for boys.” Wrong. I have already started stock piling some great clothing and accessories - after all it is our business! Here’s a sneak peak
- “Are you having twins?” Thanks jackass, my wife is already self-conscious about looking and feeling different and now you just told her that she looks like a moose.
- “Enjoy now because your life is over.” Spoken like a true idiot. Need I say more?
What ridiculous things have you heard someone say or do to a pregnant woman? Send in some goodies and we’ll post ‘em.