While most of us are gearing up for the holidays by power shopping, cooking and finding new and exciting places to hide the Elf, some of you will be heading out of town. Hopefully, if you're one of those people you will be getting a nice relaxing family vacation. If this is your first time traveling with a little one, what to bring can be daunting! Based on the experience of our team here are our top 20 picks for great travel items!
1. Inglesina Fast Table Chair - Folds up compactly into the attached travel bag and hooks on to most tables for a sturdy, instant high chair.
You obviously only need 1 stroller for a trip. We picked our 3 favorites because not everyone has the same needs and preferences.
2. Mamas & Papas Armadillo (check out our video here) - 17 lbs, a full flat recline, one-handed close and a large basket.
3. Valco Baby Snap 4 (check out our video here) - 15 lbs, large canopy, nice basket, one-handed fold with a carry strap.
4. UPPAbaby G-Luxe - 13 lbs, stands when folded with a carry strap.
5. We have the UPPAbaby G-Series Travel Bag pictured here, but we are really trying to stress is that for air travel you should put your stroller in a Stroller Travel Bag and gate check it. You don't want to reach your destination down a wheel or damaged.
6. Clek Olli Booster Seat - Pack it in your suitcase or carry-on bag and when you reach your destination you can snap it into your vehicle using LATCH (provided the vehicle you are using has LATCH). Or you can simply position the belt through it. Remember, this is only for children of the proper age, weight and maturity to be using a backless booster.
7. 7AM Enfant Blanket Evolution - For cold weather trips with strollers, there is nothing that will keep your baby warmer.
8. 7AM Enfant Hand Muffs - This will keep your own hands warm while pushing the stroller. Great for ski trips.
9. 7AM Enfant Cocoon - Safe for your infant car seat because it goes over the seat and doesn't interfere with the straps and will keep your tiny tot toasty.
10. Lillebaby Everywear Complete - Nothing is better than a lightweight carrier than can be thrown into your stroller basket or carry-on luggage and is easy to wear front, back and hip. We suggest wearing your baby in the airport and using your stroller as a shopping cart. Trust us, we know these things.
11. Boon's Water Bugs - This bath toy is multi-purpose. It makes an awesome pool activity for your warm weather travels!
12. Honest Company's Bug Spray - We don't want our babies to get bitten, but we also don't want to put chemicals all over them. This solves that! Works great on grown-ups too.
13. Honest Company's Sunscreen - It keeps the rays out and doesn't burn when it gets in the eyes.We tried it in on ourselves!
14. Protect-A-Bub UV Bracelet - You can never be too safe in the sun with a little one.
15. Valco Baby's Zephyr Crib - Easy to open and close, lightweight, includes a travel bag, sunshade and can be used inside or outdoors. Awesome for hotel rooms, pools and beaches.
16. GoGo Kidz Travelmate - A great, easy way to get your toddler car seat through the airport and on to the plane. Works on most toddler seats, check compatibility before purchasing.
17. Kidco's Go Pod - Folds up like an umbrella, is lightweight, has loops for toys and entertains the baby anywhere you go.
18. Puj Tub - Great for taking the littlest babies to hotels because it easily fits in a suitcase and will work in most hotel sinks.
19. My Tiny Hands Signs - These will broadcast to keep germy hands out of your child's car seat and stroller. It's great for travel and even when traveling around on your home turf because nosey fingers are worldwide.
20. Itzy Ritzy Snack / Wet / Travel Bags - The bags in all their sizes are perfect for packing everything from toiletries to snacks and even to store dirty clothes until you can get to a washing machine.
Where ever you are headed this holiday season we wish you safe travels! If you have a question and want to order a product you can contact one of our Baby Ambassadors at 732.431.0008.